Friday 6 June 2014

Book Beginnings On Fridays (Eeny Meeny)

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader and as she says the idea of this meme is for you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name. There's a linky list on the website and you can use #BookBeginnings on Twitter.

 

Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge

 

Sam is asleep. I could kill him now. His face is turned from me - it wouldn't be hard. Would he stir if I moved? Try and stop me? Or would he just be glad that this nightmare was over?

 

 Eeny Meeny 

 

Book Description:

 

The girl emerged from the woods, barely alive. Her story was beyond belief. But it was true. Every dreadful word of it.

 

Days later, another desperate escapee is found - and a pattern is emerging. Pairs of victims are being abducted, imprisoned then faced with a terrible choice: kill or be killed.
Would you rather lose your life or lose your mind?
Detective Inspector Helen Grace has faced down her own demons on her rise to the top. As she leads the investigation to hunt down this unseen monster, she learns that it may be the survivors - living calling cards - who hold the key to the case.
And unless she succeeds, more innocents will die . . .

7 comments:

  1. This one sounds absolutely amazing. I haven't read a thriller in a while but this one sounds really interesting. I also love the idea of a female detective, you don't see that a lot! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My BB
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the suspense is definitely building! Thanks for sharing...and I want to know more.

    Here's mine: “THE STORIES WE TELL”


    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds seriously intense! I hadn't come across this book before but I'm definitely curious about it now. I haven't read a thriller in years but I may have to break out of the rut with this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beginning!!

    Here is my Book Beginning post!!

    AND

    Here is my Friday 56 post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like there's plenty of internal conflict and suspense in this story. I like the sweet, childish title of the book -- a contrast to the story's content. I'd definitely read more after those opening sentences.
    My Friday post is here: WALLS FOR THE WIND.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title, synopsis and your snippet to top it off…on my TBR it goes :)
    My post is located Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know. I wouldn't want anyone to kill me in my sleep. This one seems like a good page turner.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.