Tuesday 9 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish and each week there's a different topic. As always, even if you can't think of 10, do as many as you can. This week's topic is the best/worst movie adaptations and it made me realise how few films I've seen of books I have read, I tend to either read the book or see the film but rarely both:

The Best:

                                   

The Road 


The Road by Cormac McCarthy - The film was exactly as I'd imagined the book




Rebecca



Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier -the film is the 1940 Hitchcock version.





                         
The Shawshank Redemption 


The Shawshank Redemption, a novella in Different Seasons by Stephen King




American Psycho



American Pyscho by Bret Easton Ellis




Trainspotting



Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh




The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - I loved the book when I was a child and enjoyed watching the film with my daughters.





The Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1)


The Shining (The Shining, #1)
The Wizard Of Oz by L. Frank Baum






            

The Shining by Stephen King - the Kubrick film, I know King hated it and it splits his fans opinions but I like this version.







The Worst: 

 

Autumn

Autumn by David Moody - I haven't read or seen this but my Husband says the film is
one of the worst he's ever seen and he loved the book.







The Stand

The Stand by Stephen King - I know it was a mini series and not a movie but I've included it anyway, started well but quickly went downhill, awful acting and script.








2 comments:

  1. Which LWaW? I enjoy the old British movie version best :) Nice list
    Here is my TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesdays-best-and-worst-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee

      I meant the newer 2005 version, haven't seen the older film will have to look out for it :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.