Sunday 14 July 2013

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King


 

 Late Last Night and the Night Before ...

... Tommyknockers, tommyknockers, knocking at the door.

 

Something was happening in Bobbi Anderson's idyllic small town of Haven, Maine. Something that gave every man, woman, and child in town powers far beyond ordinary mortals. Something that turned the town into a death trap for all outsiders. Something that came from a metal object, buried for millennia, that Bobbi stumbled across.

It wasn't that Bobbi and the other good folks of Haven had sold their souls to reap the rewards of the most deadly evil this side of hell. It was more like diabolical takeover...and invasion of body and soul--and mind.



The Tommyknockers As I mentioned in my Musing Mondays 8th July post I had decided to reread The Tommyknockers by Stephen King. I think this is the only time I've reread a novel and not thought it was as good or even better than when I'd read it before. I finished it earlier today and although parts of it were excellent it was ridiculously overlong. Now, not many of King's books are short or of a standard length even, but usually the story and writing is good enough so this doesn't matter, however I thought The Tommyknockers was in need of some much better editing. It could have lost at least a quarter of the pages and it wouldn't have affected the story, it would in fact have made the book a much better read. I know a lot of people think that one of the authors weak points is the endings to his novels but I thought The Tommyknockers had a decent one. I'm glad I revisited it and it's worth reading if you're a Stephen King fan but not a good one to start with if you're not familiar with his work.

Rating: 3 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.