Friday 19 December 2014

Book Blogger Hop (19th - 25th December)

 

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer and this week's question is:

 

Do you write a review for every book you read or only review copies from publishers?

 

I write a review for all the ARCs I've received from publishers but not every book I read. Sometimes it's nice to just enjoy a book without thinking about what I'm going to say about it. I go through stages where reviewing can feel like a chore and reading should be all about relaxing and enjoying the novel. For that reason I try and keep my review/Netgalley requests down to a minimum where possible or only for books that I really want to read.

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree about enjoying a book and not having to think about what you are going to write, but it is so engrained in me, I do reviews for all books. :)

    Great answer.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do review most of the books I read even if they're not ARCs. I hadn't thought of it being nice to just read a book but you're definitely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with feeling like reviews can be a chore. Seems to come in phases for me. I don't review everything I read, either. My blog hop response is here: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2014/12/to-review-or-not-to-review.html .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your answer, especially with your thoughts on the books we should simply enjoy for the fun of it and not have to worry about writing a review :)

    Sparrow's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thank you for submitting this week's question.

    I always read for pleasure. That's why I only pick books from NetGalley that I really want to read. Sometimes the *schedule* puts a little bit of pressure on me, but I try to select books that have a pretty-far-off publication date so I have plenty of time to read and post the review a week or two before it goes on sale. Other than that, I read by my mood and I'll write a review if the book is very very good or very bad - just because I want to share that opinion. The only luke-warm review you'll see on my blog is one for an ARC.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.