Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Examined Life by Stephen Grosz

The Examined LifeStephen Grosz is a psychoanalyst and this book looks at some of the cases he has dealt with over the years. I'm not a big fan of non fiction but had heard lots of good things about The Examined Life so borrowed a copy from the library. To start with I found it quite interesting and was pleased that he didn't use complex psychological speak to get his point across. As the book progressed though the short chapters started to annoy me, maybe he can't reveal everything about each case because of confidentially (he does use false names) but I found the lack of detail and information annoying. I wanted to know more about these people and what happened to them.

 

It's ok and probably worth reading if this kind of thing interests you but it wasn't as in depth or eye opening as I was hoping it to be, after all the 5 star/best book I've ever read reviews I was expecting a lot more.

 

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.