Monday 24 February 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

aaa1 

Its Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme run by Book Journey and you can mention books you've just finished, are currently reading and any you plan to read this week. You can leave a link to your blog and read other bloggers posts.

 

As I mentioned in last weeks post I had a busy week planned, the girls were off school because it was half time, my Mum stayed with us for a few days and also my oldest daughter had her 11th birthday (where has the time gone!).

 

The Prince Of TidesI did manage to finish The Prince Of Tides by Pat Conroy though and to be honest I was a little disappointed after all the good things I'd heard about it. It's a long book with my copy running at almost 700 pages but I don't normally have a problem with books of this size. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible and parts of the story were very good but overall I think a couple of hundred pages could have been lost and it wouldn't have mattered, for me anyway.  Unfortunately it felt like a chore to finish it which obviously isn't good.

 

This Dark Road to MercyI'm now reading and enjoying This Dark Road To Mercy by Wiley Cash, I loved his first novel A Land More Kind Than Home and managed to get first in the queue at the library for his latest. 

 

 

As the girls are back at school this week I'm hoping to get a bit more reading done, especially as I'm starting a new job, working two days a week from next Monday. My next book will probably be The Lie by Helen Dunmore which I've got on my kindle.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think most big books could lose a hundred pages and no one would notice. I prefer tidy, short novels.


    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job!! ANd hope you enjoy your latest read.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.