Tuesday 25 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten I've Read So Far In 2013


 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and each week there's a different topic. This weeks is the top ten books I've read so far in 2013 and here's my list, it was difficult for me to narrow down as I've read some very good books in the first six months of this year, they are in no particular order:


Instructions for a Heatwave
Instructions For A Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell
Couldn't put this one down, have enjoyed other ones by this author but think this is her best.



Heading Out to Wonderful
Heading Out To Wonderful by Robert Goolrick
Robert Goolrick is a great storyteller and created some wonderful characters in this book, I was completely caught up in the lives of Charlie, Sylvan & Sam.



Life After Life
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
Loved the idea that someone could keep having another chance at their life, what changes would you make if given the opportunity? This one gave me plenty to think about.



Looking for Me
Looking For Me by Beth Hoffman
A well written southern story that flows beautifully, I was sorry when it finished.



The Night Rainbow
The Night Rainbow by Claire King
This one is not my usual type of book but got it cheap on the Kindle so thought I'd give it a go, completely took me by surprise. Perhaps my reading tastes are changing.



The Spinning Heart
The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan
Each of the 21 chapters are from the perspective of a different person & I was impressed by how much I learned about each of them and the town it's set in as it's a short book.



Seldom Seen
Seldom Seen by Sarah Ridgard
An impressive debut set in my home County of Suffolk, will look out for her future novels.



A Land More Kind Than Home
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
A well told southern fiction story.



Perfect
Perfect by Rachel Joyce
Her follow up to the Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and in my opinion the better novel.



The Burgess Boys
The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout
I found this one a slow starter but once I got into it I couldn't put it down.















4 comments:

  1. I've got lots of these in my TBR stack - the O'Farrell, Goolrick, Cash, Strout and the King - glad I have so many good books ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of any of the books on your list before, but I'll be sure to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam ... I'm so honored that my novel has earned a spot on your top ten list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.