Monday 8 June 2015

Mailbox Monday

 mmb-300x282

 

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It was created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books but now has a permanent home here

 

This week I got & read Finders Keepers by Stephen King. He's my favourite author and I started reading the book an hour after the postman had delivered it.

 

Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2)“Wake up, genius.” So begins King’s instantly riveting story about a vengeful reader. The genius is John Rothstein, a Salinger-like icon who created a famous character, Jimmy Gold, but who hasn’t published a book for decades. Morris Bellamy is livid, not just because Rothstein has stopped providing books, but because the nonconformist Jimmy Gold has sold out for a career in advertising. Morris kills Rothstein and empties his safe of cash, yes, but the real treasure is a trove of notebooks containing at least one more Gold novel.
Morris hides the money and the notebooks, and then he is locked away for another crime. Decades later, a boy named Pete Sauberg finds the treasure, and now it is Pete and his family that Bill Hodges, Holly Gibney, and Jerome Robinson must rescue from the ever-more deranged and vengeful Morris when he’s released from prison after thirty-five years.
 

6 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! I plan to buy that book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finders Keepers is a book I want to read but I have to finish the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I missed this release. Loved the first book in the series. Well, I love most of what Stephen King writes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY, but I can't read Stephen King's books.

    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.