Friday 17 July 2015

Book Beginnings on Fridays - How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst

Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by Rose City Reader and as she says the idea of this meme is for you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name. There's a linky list on the website and you can use #BookBeginnings on Twitter.

 

My book beginning is from How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst.

 

It's still there.

No matter how many times I leave the room and try to go about my normal life, every time I go into the kitchen there it is.

 

How I Lost You  

Book Description:

 

I have no memory of what happened but I was told I killed my son. And you believe what your loved ones, your doctor and the police tell you, don't you? My name is Emma Cartwright. Three years ago I was Susan Webster, and I murdered my twelve-week-old son Dylan. I was sent to Oakdale Psychiatric Institute for my crime, and four weeks ago I was released early on parole with a new identity, address and a chance to rebuild my tattered life. This morning, I received an envelope addressed to Susan Webster. Inside it was a photograph of a toddler called Dylan. Now I am questioning everything I believe because if I have no memory of the event, how can I truly believe he's dead? If there was the smallest chance your son was alive, what would you do to get him back?  

5 comments:

  1. Wow this looks seriously intense! I love the beginning and I definitely want to know more about this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the blurb makes it sound like a really intense read! I'm not quite sure what the beginning is about though and it doesn't really grab me, but I'd keep reading to see what else would happen! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....this sounds quite intense.

    Will be looking for your thoughts on the book.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good beginning and it sounds like an exciting story!

    Thanks for playing along with BBOF. I don't always stop by to leave comments, but I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.